This course is for you if you are new to VoIP and want to learn how to setup Asterisk — the flexible and extremely popular open source platform for enabling VoIP based systems.
In this course, we will start from the very scratch. This is a very applied course, so we will only look at one brief theory lesson and then start building asterisk from source. I will explain all the concepts as they come along. You only need a basic understanding of the Linux command line. I will try to explain all the asterisk-related commands in this course.
We will also set up FreePBX — a GUI-based system that allows you to handle your asterisk installation in an easy-to-use and powerful interface. Once you set it up, even a moderately knowledgeable client can use it to set up their systems and perform their day-to-day operations — thus making your life as an administrator much easier.
In this course, I will explain all the steps necessary to setup Asterisk, dial a hello world call to this system and then set up FreePBX. Afterwards, we will set up two local extensions that will allow you to create an exchange within an office environment. Since this is a basic course, we will not cover inter-organization VoIP such as DIDs, SIP trunks etc. However, we work in.a way that after completing this course, these other aspects will also be easy for you to set up.
And remember: The primary reason you pay for a course is because of support. So, make sure you ask questions if you ever get stuck and I will respond as quickly as possible. My maximum response time is about 10 hours across all my courses.
What are the requirements?
- Very basic understanding of Linux (I will try to explain commands though)
- - Access to three machines — Physical or Virtual. One for Asterisk — has to be Ubuntu. The other two can be Windows, Mac, Linux or even Android/iOS Smartphones.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Set up the environment as required by Asterisk
- Build and deploy Asterisk from source
- Build and deploy FreePBX from source
- Set up extensions through FreePBX for intra-office soft phones
- Learn to install modules in FreePBX
- STUNNING SUPPORT: All questions answered within a few hours (less than a day)
What is the target audience?
- Wants to learn Asterisk
- Wants an easy to use method of deploying Asterisk and FreePBX (but not with a pre-built CD)
I have a PhD in Computer Sciences and a PostDoc from the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems. I have been programming since early 2000 and have worked with many different languages, tools and platforms. I have an extensive research experience with many state-of-the-art models to my name. My research in Android security has led to some major shifts in the Android permission model.
I love teaching and the most important reason I upload online is to make sure people can find my content. If you have any problem with finances and you want to take my courses, contact me. I am more than willing to give out coupons that will make the course free for you.
You can see all the different areas I've worked with on my site as well as on my github page.